Snow Leopard: Problems remembering password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sommer, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Sommer macrumors member

Dear folks,

I have been searching around for weeks. Usually I find what I need, but maybe I am approaching this one with the wrong search strings. So if it obvious, I am sorry.

Anyway, I have my loooovely 15" uMBP which is a couple of months old. The biggest standard configuration (don't know if that matters).

However I reinstalled from Leopard to Snow Leopard (full reinstall, 10.6.2 - all updated), and ever since I have needed to enter password for everything and everywhere I want to login.

I have the problems in everything from the Airport program, Adium, MSN (yeah, tried that instead of Adium to see if Adium was the problem), Safari (and it is turned on in the settings)...

... so, any clues of what I should do and how to solve this? It is a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest.

Thanks!

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You'd need to copy your keychain across from your backup.

3. Sommer thread starter macrumors member

Well, I don't mind that it does not remember all of those from "before Snow Leopard" ... but it won't remember if I e.g. say "Remember password" in MSN. Or Adium, or Mail... is my keychain bad then? Can I somehow reset it?

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access and check out all the options you have in the Keychain Preferences.. (under 'Keychain Access' on the menubar)