Snow Leopard pulled from Apple Store?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bdbrown, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bdbrown macrumors newbie

Hey all,

First post here, long time lurker.
    I have been running leopard on the old white, plastic case MB. A work webapp requires 10.6 so I wanted to upgrade to snow leopard. Went to go order it from apple store this morning and they said that the product doesn't exist?
    Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Didn't notice it, I'm sure you can still find in other outlets, i.e., macmall, and amazon, at least for now.

Makes sense since Snow Leopard is 2 versions old, and the only reason why they kept it around was for the upgrade to Lion.

3. bdbrown thread starter macrumors newbie

Called the apple store and they sold it to me. I'm thinking by them taking it down, they could sell some more brand new laptops for the people who don't dig around online/explore their options.

4. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Safari 5.1.7 update for snow leopard seems to be unavailable through software update. An updated clean installation will leave you on Safari 5.0.5. I reported it as a bug since they usually leave updates for older OS's up on their servers. I don't think it was intentional to remove it. You can still update fully update Tiger through software update.

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

It disappeared from the online store a few days ago. It's now 2 OSs behind the current one, so it's had it's day.

6. arklab macrumors member

Except for those who are still running Leopard or Tiger on hardware that could run ML.

Not that many, but shows definite MS like thinking.

7. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15361808#post15361808

:)

8. ivnj macrumors 65816

I have both leopard and snow leoaprd family pack at home.

9. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. That thread was where I got my download link from before :)
    Software update has been peculiar on 10.6.8 lately. The latest Snow Leopard compatible versions of Iphoto and Aperture did not show in it for a couple of weeks, now Safari 5.1.7 has gone. They fixed the former, hopefully the latter will be sorted soon.