Snow Leopard question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by petrucci666, Jul 1, 2009.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I'm curious about some things that concern Snow Leopard. Is Snow Leopard an entirely new OS or is it more like a HUGE update to Leopard? I ask this because, when I install Snow Leopard, will it effectively erase all my files and the software I have installed or will I just install SL and everything will remain intact?

Thanks

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info but I really don't feel like browsing through 100+ pages in search of a very simple answer, if someone could just answer it I would appreciate it

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, so don't browse through 100+ pages. Use Google and find out that your question is probably the most basic ever asked about OS updates and that it can be answered on the Apple site.

The answer is "No," by the way. You'll be fine.

5. macintoshtoffy macrumors 6502a

macintoshtoffy

How is it difficult go straight to a topic that is stickied at the top of the at the top of the Mac OS X forum?

It is a refinement of Leopard which re-writes large portions in Cocoa, removal of PowerPC support, 32bit and 64bit intel machines supported with 64bit kernel, libraries and so forth. All of this information is available in the stickies and using google. I hardly think that putting the information into google and clicking search is going to kill you.

6. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza