Snow Leopard questions!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Macsforcollege?, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

Will i need Office Mac 2009 if i get Leopard? I have 2008 and dont want to spend $$ for 2009.

When i install Leopard, will i lose an data that is currently on my mac?

Is Leopard worth it? Are there many bugs?

Thanks

2. germanix macrumors member

Office 2008 works just fine under Snow Leopard.
    You will not lose any Data. Some of your 3rd Party Apps. may not work but most do.
    Yes, SL is worth it, I have no bugs what so ever.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

There is no office 2009 :confused:

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

Well then I guess it's a good thing that he doesn't need it!

5. greatmaju macrumors member

greatmaju

Well, you could look at OpenOffice. a free version, which can open all of the files from Microsoft Office etc etc.
    I don't have a link, but Google it!

As for bugs in SL. Mine seems to be fine. Other people have problems. Depends on Software and Hardware I suppose. And its a ".0" release. Its going to have minor bugs that Apple will iron out with further releases.

And you can install SL over the top of Leopard, or wipe the HDD and clean install. the default option is upgrade+install. which i did. And I have no major problems.

6. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

I thought there was Office 2009. My bad.. I will look into Snow Leopard. I wipe it out and install Snow Leopard but im not the best at that stuff so i would just install it over Leopard. Thanks!

7. jointsmoking macrumors regular

My Office 208 works just fine after upgrading. There is no reason to loose any data in the upgrade and all Operating Systems have some bugs.

8. greatmaju macrumors member

greatmaju

HaHa. I thought that there was a 2009 version. My mistake as well. theres a 2008 for Macs and 2007 for Windows.

I'm sure you can import stuff to a clean install from an external bootable backup of Leopard. created from an App like Carbon Copy.

At least I like Office 2008 more the 2007, with the hideous Vista start bar at the top, which hides File Edit Etc. Stupid really. Can't get to them fast enough.