Snow Leopard= Quicktime X= FCS 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChemiosMurphy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ChemiosMurphy macrumors 6502

I may be totally far off here, but the Quicktime X part of 10.6 seems like it's encroaching on the ProApps market. Quicktime is an integral component of Final Cut, and don't you think Apple would take the time to unleash a new Final Cut Studio edition alongside it? The rumors of it being pure cocoa fuel that even more. What do you guys think?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I don't know too much about it but Quicktime Pro has always been a great product but there are still things that it can't do that Final Cut Studio can. I don't feel that it is encroaching on the territory at all.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Absolutely. FCS3 on Snow Leopard is going to run amazing. Hopefully they'll be able to re-code Color so it uses all the pro apps frameworks and interface like the rest of the studio.

Also, "Phenomenon" (Shake 5) will probably come out around the same time.

4. ChemiosMurphy thread starter macrumors 6502

Kornyboy, I mean 10.6 is revamping a key component of FCS, so I interpret that as a sign of a new release of FCS. Final Cut heavily relies on Quicktime, so a new release of quicktime means new final cut...

5. McDughf macrumors regular

Oh No, Not Again!!!

Much As I Love The Advancement Of Technology, I Hope That FCS 3 Takes A While Longer To Come Out : Can You Imagine All Those New Apple Pro Certification Exams You Will Need To Retake To Get Back Up To Final Cut Studio Master Status?!?:(:(:(

6. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Snow Leopard isn't due out for another year which would put the FCS 2 at over 2 years. That's sufficient time IMO to reap the rewards for certification. I don't know if Apple will wait Snow Leopard though to announce FCS3. I tend to think they'll deliver it on Leopard first and then after Snow Leopard hits they'll deliver an update to FCS3.

Hell I wouldn't mind if they just delivered FCS3 and Snow Leopard at the same time but that could be asking for trouble since FCS3 will likely be a 64-bit Cocoa rewrite and contain massive changes to the code. Would Apple really want to test out a new FCS3 on a new OS platform? Methink not.

FCS3 though on Snow Leopard with a Mac Pro 8-Core Nehalem system with a nice GPU would be a sight to behold.

I can imagine 16-"CPU" crunching away and the GPU being utilized for Motion 4 and other processing in ways that we just can't comprehend right now.