Snow Leopard - QuickTime X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Croatian, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

i have an MBP and ACD ... in Leopard under old quicktime when i wanted to watch a movie in full screen i was able to set my MBP screen to be black while the movie was playing on ACD Screen, now that function has been removed in QuickTime X ... or am i missing how to do that

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

If an external monitor is plugged in, you should be able to turn the MBP screen off by lowering the brightness all the way. Closing the lid will place machine in suspend mode.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Not if you have the right setting, I have the lid on my macbook closed at the moment, but it is not in 'suspend mode'.
    I use my large screen more than the 13" one.

Back to the OP, I cannot find a setting, seems like its another one of Apple's clever ideas!

5. ThomasW91 macrumors newbie

How about changing the ACD to the main display, that should make anything go fullscreen on it. Display preferences > arrangement > drag the toolbar to the box representing the ACD.

6. Croatian thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i have the ACD as a main screen and MBP screen as a second screen and when you select video to go into full screen it only goes full screen on the ACD and leaves the MBP screen unchanged .... in OLD Qucktime there was an option that would Play movie on main screen and cover the second screen with black setting