Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
The biggest mistake ever, I do not know how Steve Jobs have the balls to complain against Adobe/ Flash when Snow Leopard is a failure.

The new Quicktime player is like having the 1995 version of it, you cannot even export.

Boot Camp... if Steve Balmer only knew! I can install Windows 7 but I cannot load the SL drivers, I have a MacBook Pro and a MacPro and Boot Camp is not recognizing the SL drivers. I tried to install XP and now is giving me an error when restarting.

Yesterday I spent 7 hours upgrading Final Cut Studio 3, I was getting an Installation Error problem, I had to use a freeware software to help me to umpack the files and install them.

And least... I have 4 Nvidia cards installed that are not recognized anymore under Snow Leopard.... BUT THEY ARE RECOGNIZED UNDER WINDOWS 7 EVEN WITHOUT THE APPLE DRIVERS!!!!!

And that have been my experience in a week, I am about to go back to Leopard, I have spent a week resolving Apples issued and spitting in Steve Jobs face for making that circus against Adobe while his own house stinks.

Do not install Snow Leopard if you are into professional applications, that is my suggestion.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Just because you're having difficulty, doesn't mean SL is the problem. If that were the case, everyone would be having the same problems. Chances are FAR greater that the problem has to do with what you are doing or your particular configuration. Rather than rant about it (which accomplishes nothing), why not do some troubleshooting to discover the real source of your problems?

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Just because you're having difficulty, doesn't mean SL is the problem. If that were the case, everyone would be having the same problems. Chances are FAR greater that the problem has to do with what you are doing or your particular configuration. Rather than rant about it (which accomplishes nothing), why not do some troubleshooting to discover the real source of your problems?

The real source of the problem is Snow Leopard and Apple, I am in a studio with 6 more MacPros and designers and all of them are telling me SL is like that and better to keep Leopard.

And do a search yourself about Final Cut Studio 3 Problems and you will find plenty of complains and work arounds. The installation process is a failure.

Even the Boot Camp does not have drivers for Windows 7 but it prompt you to install it.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The real source of the problem is Snow Leopard and Apple, I am in a studio with 6 more MacPros and designers and all of them are telling me SL is like that and better to keep Leopard.

And do a search yourself about Final Cut Studio 3 Problems and you will find plenty of complains and work arounds. The installation process is a failure.

Even the Boot Camp does not have drivers for Windows 7 but it prompt you to install it.
Passing judgement on a company and an OS because an extremely small minority posts about problems in a forum is hardly a sensible approach. Of course 6 Mac Pros and designers MUST be the final word on anything having to do with Apple! :rolleyes:

I trust you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath while you attempt to solve these problems by throwing a temper tantrum in a forum. But if it gives you a warm fuzzy....

the vj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
15 years using Apple computers and we still dealing with the same problems when upgrading to OS8.

I have lost a week of work troubleshuting issues with these computers.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Passing judgement on a company and an OS because an extremely small minority posts about problems in a forum is hardly a sensible approach. Of course 6 Mac Pros and designers MUST be the final word on anything having to do with Apple! :rolleyes:

I trust you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath while you attempt to solve these problems by throwing a temper tantrum in a forum. But if it gives you a warm fuzzy....

I also had severe problems with Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro and Apple's Pro applications (Final Cut Studio, Aperture). The OP is not alone and you find plenty of postings all over the Internet about those issues.

It's also ridiculous enough that an Apple 64-Bit(!) workstation - namely a Mac Pro 1,1 - does not support the 64-Bit kernel of Apple's own operating system, but is able to run 64-Bit Windows and 64-Bit Linux flawlessly.

Maybe you should just accept the fact that Apple actually CAN do wrong and produces immature software that's released to early.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
this is weird. i had a 24" iMac with leopard and FCS and aperture.
upgraded to SL, then the new FCS then the new aperture and also put XP for a laugh.
Not one problem. best operating system ever.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I am in a studio with 6 more MacPros and designers and all of them are telling me SL is like that and better to keep Leopard.

Thats odd. All except one studio I work in regularly (I work in about 5) in has upgraded up to Snow Leopard with no problems. And that one that hasn't, is planning on as soon as DigiDesign improve Pro-Tools compatibility.

I too, have no problems with Snow Leopard, apart from App compatibility in the first month of it's release.

Not that I'm claiming Apple are God and I love everything they do, because I certainly don't, but as far as Snow Leopard is concerned, it was buggy and unbearable until the 10.6.2 update, from which, it has been perfectly fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.