Snow Leopard repeatedly fails to install on Macbook (early 2008)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wdctennis, May 18, 2010.

1. wdctennis macrumors newbie

I am having an issue installing Snow Leopard on my computer. Every time I start the installation process, the process makes it to the first restart, and then crashes. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and using a early 2008 Macbook. I have tried verifying the disk, but Disk Utility says the disk is fine with no issues. The hard drive was recently replaced so I doubt that their is a problem there...does anyone have any advice on how I should install Snow Leopard? The disc was also used on a friends computer to upgrade their Mac so I don't believe the disk itself is defective. Thanks!

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

How does it "crash" exactly?

Also, you say this disc was used to upgrade your friends Mac, is it a full retail version of Snow Leopard or a drop-in disc?

3. wdctennis thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a retail disc. The installation crashes and says it is unable to complete the installation process. A log of the installation is shown after it crashes.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Post the log... also if the license has already been used to install on your friends is this a single license or multiple use license?