Snow Leopard repeatedly fails to install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wdctennis, Dec 23, 2009.

1. wdctennis macrumors newbie

I have tried to install Snow Leopard on my Macbook running 10.5.8, but the installation fails every single time. I have verified and repaired both the disk and the disk permissions, reset the PRAM, and removed all external devices from the system. Something of importance, the installation always makes it through the first reset, and then crashes afterwards during the second part of the installation. Any help or advice would be great in this situation.

I am wondering if I should erase the disk, and install Snow Leopard, and then restore from a Time Machine backup, but this would be a last resort method.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Do this. Snow Leopard in every scenario I've seen sucks big time in the usual speed and stability that OS X provides.

Backup everything important and do a clean.

3. palane macrumors member

That would appear not to be the case

That's simply not true. I moved to Snow Leopard shortly after it became available (Uni-MBP) and stability is unaffected. Some refinements and I'm satisfied overall.

Can't say as I've run benchmarks, though it doesn't seem notably slower or faster. I think I would have noticed something sucking big time.

BB