Snow Leopard requirements

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 414BrewCrew414, Jun 5, 2009.

1. 414BrewCrew414 macrumors member

With WWDC coming up, and the talk about new macbookpro lines makes me wonder how comparable my unibody 2.53 mpb will stand the new competition. Are there any system/hardware requirements that snow leopard will require>!?

thanks all!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Probably you'll need an Intel Mac. Your system is top-of-the-line anyways, so it's practically guaranteed to run SL just fine.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i think it's safe to say that your UMBP will be able to handle SL.:p i think the only thing that will to rule some older computers is that SL will require Intel chips. My developers version has that as a requirement.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's actually not too much talk about new macbookpro lines because the odds of seeing an update especially a major update are exceedingly low. We may see a small update but that's it.

So to answer your question, the 2.53MBP should do very well with SL, I have a 2.53 myself and I'm not worried at all about SL.

Back to the MBP updates, because intel isn't releasing its Nehalem based mobile chips until late 09/early 10 I don't expect apple to have any major updates.

5. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

even the slowest macbooks will run snow leopard with ease,

i have been running the beta's for a bit now and there very fast on a 1.83 macbook,

my macbook pro runs it like a champ and its the umbp 2.4/4gb/2x128ssd

the snow leopard has alot of fat removed...

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Any of the Unibody MacBooks should run Snow Leopard fine. Apple wouldn't be selling computers now that wouldn't work great with a OS that is being release later this year.

7. MattMK45 macrumors regular

wish they could make a powerpc branch off. but they need to kill it to get better gains for intel users.

8. retroneo macrumors 6502a

While the official system requirements haven't been announced, it's likely to just be an Intel processor and 1GB of RAM.

9. nyzwerewolf macrumors regular

i wonder if they will release quad core for mbp on monday

10. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

no

11. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'm really hoping for PPC support. I got a 733 MHz G4 a month ago and I want to upgrade it and run Leopard. With Grand Central and the smaller footprint, I think the system requirements will be equal to or less than Leopard.

If SL has support for G4s, I think, with a new graphics card, my G4 may equal my 2.0 GHz mini.

12. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

sorry but I hope it doesn't support PPC , because then the slop from the PPC years can be dropped , giving us more space and speed ...

hoping that SL will speed up my early 09 whitebook considerably as I'm not that impressed with the speed of leopard over that of tiger on a macbook

13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....hasn't all this "hardware requirements" and "PPC/no PPC" been discussed over in the official Snow Leopard thread? Why now just go read through that and add your comments if you still got something that hasn't been asked/answered....oh yeah!