Snow Leopard Satisfaction Poll

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kirkbross, Oct 14, 2009.

?

I upgraded to Snow Leopard and I...

1. ...am completely satisfied.

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. ...kinda wish I had waited an update or two.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. ...am mostly unhappy.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. ...am entirely unhappy.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

I have been waiting to install Snow Leopard, mainly because my Mac is running smoothly now and have read some nightmare reviews (as there always seem to be with any product release). If you upgraded to Snow Leopard, how do you feel about it?

2. celticpride678

I made the upgrade two weeks ago. It has been the smoothest transition of any OS I have every been through. Everything works and works even better than Leopard. Sure, there is the occasional crash or something not working, but nothing that makes the system un-usable. 10.6.2 and future updates will only make Snow Leopard more stable. I am very happy I upgraded.

3. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

The problems with SL are mostly upgrades, that's what I presume, since I've not seen anyone complaining who has actually done a complete and proper clean install.
    I upgraded to SL from 10.5.8, not one problem. Applications boot ever so slightly faster, I enjoy the improvements. The graphical glitches are still there, but they will probably be fixed in 10.6.2 and don't effect anything (at least the ones I've seen)

I then did a clean install on a new SSD, identical results, although I did have trouble ejecting the DVD after being installed!
    Funny that that happened on the clean install! (it was resolved by restarting & installing 10.6.1, I'm not sure which fixed it)

If you do a clean install, erasing everything on your hard drive that you're installing to, so it's a brand new OS with no data on it, you should be right.
    You just transfer the files you want over.
    I've used Time Machine to transfer a few files I think, but mostly I dropped everything I needed on an EXT. HD and just dragged it over.
    Migrating from a HD or installing from Time Machine is not a clean install.

I have noticed that from time to time, when shutting down I get the blue screen for a little too long, on the SSD that's 5-15 seconds, on the HD it was about 20-30, but it is very infrequent.

Kind Regards

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

My upgrade install went smoothly.

My clean install went even better, faster, etc. I haven't experience one problem that wasn't user negligence or something caused by a bad plugin or outdated version of an app.

Snow Leopard has been the best OS upgrade ever. In Windows, any average computer user knows not to upgrade. Anyone, not just the geeks. I'm surprised how smooth the transition was on an upgrade install.

100% Satisfied.