Snow Leopard Server on Mac mini home use.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by rigelisonfire, Oct 21, 2009.

1. rigelisonfire macrumors newbie

rigelisonfire

I just finished setting up my multi computer home studio. I have 2 iMac one for mixing and mastering and another for recording and tracking. As it is in my home these computers do get used for personal stuff too. I also have a macbook pro and my room mates also use macs. We would like to network them all together. I saw the new mac mini with snow leopard on it. I am pretty much sold on it but the one thing I'm not positive is replication. As long as say my iTunes Library was stored on the server it would be the same on all the computers when I logged in? It's just we are tired of moving files from one computer to another. It's kinda of a pain and you can end up losing stuff if your not careful. Anyone help me here?

2. BlakePowers macrumors newbie

Remember now iTunes has the network home share. For the specific purpose of iTunes I would just use than instead of bother with configuring it for the network. I'm drooling over the mac mini server also!