Snow Leopard: Shift key only capitalizes first letter, automatically uses lower case

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PhilaRobert, Oct 28, 2009.

1. PhilaRobert macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem in ALL my typing: when I hold down the shift key for multiple letters, only the first is capitalized; the rest come out lower case. This is not a replacement behavior: I don't see the Uppercase letter get replaced by the lowercase one; only the first is uppercase.

Is there some new text replacement routine? Can this be customized? I can't stand having to release the shift key between letters or to have to shift-lock, shift unlock.

Thanks for any help.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I'm on Snow Leopard and my Mac/keyboard does not do this.

The only advice I can offer is logging into another account and seeing if it happens there as well.

3. elctropro macrumors newbie

I'm also running Snow Leopard and can confirm that this isn't default behavior. Try making a 2nd account and transferring all files and apps over...should be a quick fix. You could also play around in System Preferences, but I don't remember there being an option for your symptom.

4. PhilaRobert thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved

It was enough to know that it isn't a Snow Leopard problem: turns out I added TypeIt4Me at the same time I got SnowLeopard. TypeIt4Me captures all keystrokes and had a preference set to “no double capitals.“

That was easy. Thanks for taking the time to answer!