Snow Leopard Slow Shutdowns

Discussion in 'macOS' started by luke744, Sep 25, 2009.

1. luke744 macrumors newbie

hi there,

i have had snow leopard via a clean install on my macbook since it came out and it has been working fine, until the shutdown time went from about 5 seconds to around a minute.

when i shut down, all programs are closed and the dock and menu bar disappear but the desktop remains for the minute before shutdown.

Edit:
    System/Console messages displaying many referring to vodafone.app errors. vodafone usb modem was installed but was deleted using app delete, obviously didn't get it all.

Luke

Edit2: there is nothing apart from itunes in my login items in the user accounts section of preferences.

Edit3: found several rouge vodafone .plist in the library, stopping the vodafone console messages, but the shutdown still takes forever. this is what is says in console at shutdown

26/09/09 9:54:47 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[141] (com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-lcb72@me.com-SharedServices[169]) Exited with exit code: 1
    26/09/09 10:23:00 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[141] ([0x0-0xc00c].com.apple.Console[192]) Exited: Killed
    26/09/09 10:23:07 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[141] ([0x0-0x1b01b].com.apple.AddressBook[239]) Exited: Killed
    26/09/09 11:15:48 AM com.apple.launchd[1] *** launchd[1] has started up. ***
    26/09/09 11:16:17 AM com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon[43] objc[62]: Class QMacSoundDelegate is implemented in both /Library/Parallels/Parallels Service.app/Contents/MacOS/libQtGui.4.dylib and /usr/local/lib/libprl_sdk.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

dunno if that changes anything. maybe a stuck process that wont quit? how would i find out whats doing it?
    Luke

Edit4: turns out it was parrallels after all. i uninstalled/reinstalled it and the shutdown is back to around 4-5 seconds. there were a lot of timeout messages referring to parallels functions in the console>system logs at shutdown, taking around a minute each.

all sorted, hope this may help someone else who might have a similar problem!

cheers
    Luke

2. Elzlaik macrumors regular

Snowleopard Slow Shutdown

Thanks for your solution. I uninstalled Parallels and my shut down time is back to 3 seconds. Awesome. I wish I had found this weeks ago. Thank you.

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    what is this user agent for

Code:
    com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert

Can I deleted it ? I do not have a "me" account.

Thanks,
    Tex