Snow Leopard Spotlight

Discussion in 'macOS' started by m3kilpat, Oct 9, 2009.

1. m3kilpat macrumors regular

Here's what happens and I don't like it. When using spotlight I set my preferences so it doesn't find music and some other things. It works great for the spotlight popup, but in windowed mode, which searches "this mac", still searches for everything. Is there a way to get the windowed mode to only search the things I specified in spotlight?

Also, is there a way to open the folder of wherever the location of something find by spotlight is? Meaning, when I hit command+space and then search something, is there a way to right click one of the items found to open its folder? I want to do this sometimes which is why I then use the windowed mode, but then I get way too many results and have a hard time finding the thing I want again even though spotlight found it. This is under Snow Leopard btw though I'm not sure if it was different for Leopard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Do you have the Path Bar turned on in Finder Windows? This is the only way I know of seeing where each file is located. You do have to highlight files to see the path, which is annoying.

-Kevin

3. tongteh macrumors 6502

hold on Command + click on your search to locate it in a window. :) hope that helps.

4. m3kilpat thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!!! That's exactly what I was looking for.