Snow Leopard still suffering lockup issues?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pandaen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. pandaen macrumors member

Hi everyone.
    When Snow Leopard came out I immediately updated my Unibody MacBook Pro 2008 to it, but at that time i had severe lockup problems, and after trying EVERY solution I could find on the net with no help, I decided to go back to Leopard.

But now, I'd like to take the leap to Snow Leopard, if I can get there without all the lockup problems!

If it matters my MacBook Pro is upgraded with a WD 500GB HDD and 4 GB kingston RAM.

Anyone?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. celticpride678

Most of the issues have been corrected by now.

4. pandaen thread starter macrumors member

Most? Any known thats not?

5. JavierP macrumors regular

Create a partition in that 500Gb disk and test it yourself

6. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

When you initially installed Snow Leopard, did you do an upgrade from Leopard? I never like doing upgrade installs of Mac OS or Windows. I prefer starting from scratch just in case doing an upgrade install causes some problem in the future.

Why do you want to go to Snow Leopard? Like to be up with the latest and greatest? :p

7. pandaen thread starter macrumors member

Can I have a SL partition while still maintaining my Leopard and Windos 7 partitions?

8. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

You can do it. I had three seperate partitions for Leopard, Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Worked perfectly :)

9. pandaen thread starter macrumors member

Well I actually first upgraded, but when that didnt work too well I tried a clean :)

Well theres some stuff that does not work well on Leopard, or at all :) And it's just overall faster.

Can I add a lil' partition to my harddrive and install SL on it and like tripleboot my leopard, windows 7 and snow leopard to test if it still has issues?

10. pandaen thread starter macrumors member

Oh cool think ill do that :)

11. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

The last couple driver & other updates have reduced the number of system "freezes" with 10.6.3/4 from 2 or 3 a day to 1 per week or so.

12. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Go for it. I had Leopard installed on my laptop because Snow Leopard broke Live Mesh which I needed to sync my documents between my laptop and desktop. But I had to install Snow Leopard seperately because I had to code something in PHP for my university course and I couldn't do it in Leopard because of an existing bug that never got corrected. So I ran back to my friend's flat, grabbed his Snow Leopard disc and installed it on a small partition to do some PHP coding. And then I had Windows 7 installed because I prefer using Microsoft Office 2010 and Live Messenger on Windows rather than iWork/Office for Mac and Mac Messenger on OS X.