Snow Leopard the real rockstar today?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by daneoni, Jun 8, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm just watching the keynote and the only thing thats got me remotely excited is Snow Leopard, it looks pretty good and only $29!...granted its more of a service pack than anything but still

THe MBP/iPhone announcement...meh

2. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

according to apple's site it'll cost $9.95 to upgrade to SL when it comes out when you buy a mac from today on...is that how it usually works? I think they should just send you the disk for free if you buy a mac now.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

They are...the $9.95 is for shipping

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, for me Snow Leopard was the rockstar. And this is coming from a person that wasn't even excited about it before. But the price is reasonable and the changes to expose will help me out enormously as I tend to be a person who's work gets lost in the clutter and while the current version of expose helps, the new one will be much better.

5. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Agreed

6. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

+1

I feel the same exact way. Before... not so excited, but I probably would have upgraded within a few months of release (no rush). Now... I'm all over it! I watch a lot of video clips, so between the new Quicktime X (overall enhancements) and refinements of the dock and stacks (scroll large stacks!) I'm ready to upgrade on launch day.

I really think it'll feel like getting a new computer again with the various speed enhancements and changes.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

For 30 bucks, I'll be picking it up no questions on launch day. Leopard launch was fun,and Snow Leopard looks like it will only add to the event!

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yes SL was a great announcement, but how can you call the reworked 13" merely meh, especially at that price point???