Snow Leopard to come with iTunes 9?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by btownguy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

I'm seeing speculation that iTunes 9 will be released early September while the general consensus is that Snow Leopard will be released late September. I find it hard to believe that Apple would release Snow Leopard with an outdated version of iTunes that would need to be immediately updated. I'm new to OSX however. Thoughts?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

If the iTunes/iPod event is before 10.6 is out, it's likely the new iTunes would be pre-installed. If not, it'll be through software update.. or through iTunes bugging you for a new version.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

iM guessing SL will ship with iTunes 9.
    if SL has really gone GM, what are they waiting for?
    iTunes.

4. Razeus macrumors 603

I hope so. iTunes is their flagship software, followed by iPhoto. It would be insane for iTunes not to get a complete revamp (64-bits and leaner code for efficiency and speed with some UI tweaks) with Snow Leopard.

5. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

That would require rewriting iTunes in Cocoa, which they're not going to do in the immediate future or we certainly would've heard about it.

6. jdechko macrumors 68040

Does the basic installation of Leopard actually include iTunes (I honestly don't know). I've never thought about it, as I've always had to download it from the internet.

7. Jisuo macrumors 6502

Yes it's included.