Snow Leopard to Lion Spaces Issue

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by strausd, Jul 20, 2011.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

So before I installed Lion I had spaces set up so that certain applications would start up in certain spaces. Now that Lion is installed, every time I open those applications, they automatically jump to the previously specified space. Also, I am having some issues moving the window to a different space, it just doesn't want to move. The problem is that now Lion doesn't have an option to remove these from specific spaces like it did in Snow Leopard, so it seems like I am stuck here. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. agrobbin macrumors newbie

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I've been running Lion since this morning, but I don't have the option to assign an App to a space. this is all I see when I right click an App and hover over options

Am I missing something?

Attached Files:

4. RVM84 macrumors newbie

Yes it should look like this:

[​IMG]

Try going to System Prefs>Mission Control> And uncheck 'Automatically rearrange spaces'

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Tried, doesn't fix it. Hmm, I have no other issues whatsoever with Lion, no bugs or little niggles other than this. Wonder why it's not working properly? :confused:

6. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

Now, I wish I could organize each space and move them around like I was able to do with Snow Leopard. Also, when you do a full screen app it pushes it to the back most space, I dont like that. Also, if I am on space 1, I can't move windows/applications from space 2 to any space. You can only move windows/applications in the space you are currently in, I don't like that.

It seems like they removed a good amount of the functionality of Spaces and Exposé by combining them into Mission Control.

7. jocenado macrumors newbie

You have to create a new desktop first.

Click on Mission control dock icon, then move your mouse to the top right corner of your primary display. Click on the plus sign to add a desktop et voilà!

8. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

The problem I see is that you can assign an app to a desktop, but if you ever remove those desktops, all the assignments disappear and you have to re-do it later. This is such a lame replacement for what we used to have in Spaces.