Snow Leopard Up-To-Date page not working?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by todd2000, Aug 22, 2009.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I just got a MacBook from the Apple Online Store, and Im trying to fill out the Up To Date form for Snow Leopard, but it won't work. When I click on the link for people who got their Mac from a retail store t loads a page asking for my Serial Number etc.... If I click the link that says "If you purchased online" all I get is a log-in and that an empty shopping cart. Am I missing something? I really don't want to mail my form in.

Oh and since for some reason they removed it from their site the link is http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Same problem here. Has anyone had success?

3. Jigga macrumors 6502

4. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Didn't work in either. Could you post the address of the page where you enter the SN etc... from Safari? Maybe a direct link will work.

5. Grimmeh macrumors member

I had the same problem (I bought my MBP online). I tired in Safari, FF, Opera, and IE, clearing cookies, etc. Nothing worked. Apple support said to use the mail-in form. Instead, I just filled out the online form for buying at a retail store and when asked what store, I put Apple Online Store and the city as Cupertino. When I went to checkout, it said I had maxed out my allowable Up-to-Date purchases (I hadn't used any). So I went back and tried the link for those who purchased it online, and it worked, no flaws. Checkout out and all.

Weird bug.

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

7. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah the second link just loads the for for people who bought from a Retail Store. I need the one for Online purchases.

8. KratosKilla macrumors regular

I was having this same problem. I tried redeeming it on my iMac and it kept showing an empty cart. Then I decided to try it on the PC I order my iMac from. I cllicked through to get to the link to add it to my cart and to my suprise I had ten copies in my cart from other failed attempts. I'd suggest using the PC you ordered from instead of your new mac. Hope this helps.

9. belvdr macrumors 603

No computer has worked for me yet. I'm giving it a day or so to see if it there's a delay in the system.

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Trick i heard is that you need to add something else to the cart (possibly beforehand) then add the up to date, then remove the uneeded item.

11. msmth928 macrumors regular

Doesn't work here either. Tried different browsers, adding things to cart beforehand, nothing!

12. badams macrumors newbie

Just a quick Shipping FYI

I just got off the phone with the folks at the Up-To-Date program, didn't ask about the site, but did find out that our copies of Snow Leopard (the up-to-date program) will be shipped on Friday, Aug 28 and they are giving a ship time of 7-10 days. They are shipping through the US Postal Service. I'm seriously considering just going to the apple store and buying it for the $20 more that it will cost.

13. doobs macrumors regular

I tried in Firefox and got the page not found error, but it worked fine in Safari 4.0. Says it should be delivered on Friday 28th.

14. msmth928 macrumors regular

Doesn't work in any browser here - been on the phone and the chat but they say it's a problem their end as it didn't work when they tried it either.

Funny how the normal priced one works tho eh!? :rolleyes:

15. msmth928 macrumors regular

16. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

Try from an iPhone/iPod Touch. That worked for me.

17. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Thanks. It worked for me that way.

I am at work and was trying on a PC with FireFox and IE and I kept getting the empty shopping cart. Tried it on my iphone and it worked fine.

18. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Seems like they fixed it finally. The weird part is when it finally went through, it had 7 copies in my cart from all the previous attempts. Stange.