Snow Leopard Up to date

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nobita, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Nobita macrumors 6502

Hi all, I have a question:

I have a macbook and an imac at home. My imac is qualified for an up to date program. I'm at work now and I have just purchased a snow leopard CD. The question is, would I need to buy another one for my imac in order to use it legally? I thought the $9 that apple charge for the up to date program is just a shipping fee, right? So would it be legal if I install my macbook's snow leopard into the imac?

Moreover, does anyone know if snow leopard by itself include iLife 09? If not, would that means that I'd still have my iLife 08 once I upgrade it to snow leopard (using the upgrade and install option)?

Thank you all!

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

I do not think iLife 09' is included with the up to date disc.

And yes, technically it is illegal to use one disc on multiple machines. Apple wants you to buy one disc for each Mac. Although you could easily use one disc to install it, because the price is so cheap to buy the disc, I would just buy the disc and not have to worry about pirating or breaking the law. There are tons of debates about this going on on these forums

3. Nobita thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, I don't want to pirate. The thing is, the $9 that we pay for up to date, is it just a shipping fee, or is it the price for updating?

I don't have access to my iMac at home thus I can't order up to date disc because i need the serial number.

4. JPark macrumors 6502a

I just recently did the paperwork for the Up to Date program and according to the bill, it's $9.95 for the software with free shipping. As for iLife, it comes with new computers but not with new OS's so no, it won't come with Snow Leopard.