Snow Leopard Upgrade Disk Does Work on Tiger! Proof!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ComicStix, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ComicStix macrumors member

My chat with Melissa from Apple. Besides pretending that I own Leopard. :( I ask her questions to see if the disk in the Apple Box Set is the same as the single license pack. I ask this to prove that Snow Leopard upgrade copy can install on Tiger!!! She is the indented text I am the left align text.
    ----------------------------------

You are chatting with Melissa B, an Apple Expert
    Hi, my name is Melissa B. Welcome to Apple!
    hello!
    Good evening.
    How may I help you today?
    Just wondering I am wondering on upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard and wondering if the apple box sets and the mac osx 10.6 single user are the same disk like the snow leopard disk
    Not exactly. The box set is recommended for those coming from Tiger.
    but can I still use the box set I want ilife and iwork
    Absolutely you can!
    OK so you are saying that the box set and the single user snow leopard disks are the same disk. I am only asking this because I don't want to get a tiger disk when I am running leopard
    No you won't.
    You can certainly still use it.
    Both the same disk?
    Not exactly. The one in the box set has extra files for those that do not have Leopard. Where you already have it, it will just skip the installation of those files.
    Also I can just do an erase and install correct?
    You absolutely can if you want.
    Not suggested correct?
    Well not that it is not suggested. It's just you will lose everything unless you have a back up.
    OMG That's scary LoL. I am trying to decide if I want the box set with the ilife in such or the single user license. So when I open the mac box set I will get the same disk box as if I got the single license?
    Yes.
    Cool so basically for the Mac Box Set I get 3 boxes the ilife box the iwork box and the snow leopard single licence box
    Yes
    Thank you Mellisa you have been a great help have a nice day!

2. verybiglanky macrumors newbie

verybiglanky

Total Bobbins

Funny thing is that the trained monkey in the Apple shop told me exactly the same thing about the disks...

It's total crap. I've used the multi-user Snow Leopard disk (no iWork or iLife) on Tiger.

It did the same as it did to my Leopard Mac, installed just fine with no stress or hassle.

Strikes me that this is something of a cynical marketing ploy by Apple. However, I cant be angry with them, as this is a rather good price to upgrade...

Don't stress - just do it :eek:)

3. cmaier macrumors G4

Um, it's not cynical. It's the exact opposite of cynical. It's reasonable for them to charge more for people who haven't upgraded from tiger, and it's nice that they trust the users not to cheat, and that they don't punish those of us that agree to their terms and conditions by making our lives harder.

of course, when people go and cheat, you end up ruining it for the rest of us.