Snow Leopard upgrade & Epson 1400 printer problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by steve jones, Apr 17, 2012.

1. steve jones macrumors newbie

I've (finally) upgraded my system to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and it hasn't been straightforward. Along with plenty of other problems I'm unable to print to my Epson Stylus 1400. I keep getting the message: "Error: /System/library/printers/libraries/PrintJobMgr/Contents/MacOS/PrintJobMgr failed". I've done a software update – which included an update for the printer - but still no luck. Anyone any ideas on how to cure this problem? I've noticed that when I try to print there is no PPD listed in the print dialog box – there must be a connection.

2. hooz4diving macrumors newbie

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Google is always the best first resort to go to! Hope this helps! :)

4. hooz4diving macrumors newbie

Hi John T,

The problem is after the drivers are installed from epson. The Epson site says if you use OS X 10.6 or 10.7 you also have to use apple's software updater to get the most recent driver. This is not working, thus, leading to this post to ask for help.

I have however contacted epson and I am in the process of attempting what they have suggested:

Dear Amy,

Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your Epson Stylus Photo 1400.

Please close all of your programs to Repair Permissions:

1. Go to your Mac Hard Drive > Applications > Utilities and open the Disk Utility.
    2. Click on and highlight your main Mac Hard Drive in the list on the left.
    3. Select Repair Disk Permissions and once this is finished, restart your computer.

Once restarted, please do the following:

1. Open your System Preferences
    2. Open Print & Fax (10.7 is Print & Scan)
    3. Highlight your Epson printer in the Printer List on the left hand side of the window if it is showing in the list. If it is not showing up, continue to step 5
    4. Click on the MINUS (-) sign below the Printer List and confirm deletion of the printer
    5. Click on the PLUS (+) below the Printer List to re-add the printer
    6. Click on and Highlight the Epson Printer in the next window and confirm that in the PRINT USING field it reads for "EPSON XXXXXX"
    7. If it does, click ADD and the printer should show up again in the Printer List and you can try to print again

Posting this in case it helps steve jones or anyone else.

5. aldisdemon macrumors newbie

Espon Printer

I am have faced the same exact problem down to the letter. Yes, the computer is able to communicate with the printer. Install printer driver properly.:)

6. carestudio macrumors 6502

repair permission is always the first thing you wanna try :)