Snow Leopard Upgrade on eBay?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sportguy0913, Aug 30, 2009.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

Hello,

My grandparents have OS X Tiger and want to upgrade to Leopard. If they purchase this item on eBay, would it be compatible? What I mean to say, the description says 10.5 to 10.6 not 10.4 to 10.6, so can a Tiger user upgrade with the "Snow leopard upgrade" or do they have to get a different version? Like a full retail version? Is the only difference that on Apple.com, Leopard users only have to pay 30 over the full price, or are there different versions and different CD's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-OS-X-10-5-t...3a525e445c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1387wt_986

Thanks so much!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It seems as if they should be fine purchasing just the upgrade disc from anywhere. There are a couple of other threads on this. Buying on eBay is your own risk, I would personally just buy from Amazon or Apple.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Get it from Best Buy for 25 bucks. Yeah some are reporting that you will be able to go from Tiger to Snow Leo with it.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well, firstly Tiger users are suppose to buy the Mac Boxed Set. It's against Apple EULA to use the $29 version, although posters upgrading from Tiger say it's possible to use it. Also, why would you buy it on Ebay? It's higher than retail. It's cheaper to buy from Apple or Best Buy.