Snow Leopard vs Lion on my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rudyrudell, Jul 6, 2012.

1. rudyrudell macrumors newbie

Ok,

So this question applies pretty much only to my situation..

I have owned, and thoroughly enjoyed my 2006 17" Macbook pro(ultimate at it's time!), and have recently purchased an upgrade to the 2012 rMBP(ultimate!).

I would really enjoy the continuous use of my old macbook pro as a desktop, however as I only have Leopard loaded up onto it... does iCloud work with snow leopard across lion? most important is iCal. My old Macbook Pro has only regular leopard loaded up onto it which I have not upgraded to this point because I did not think it could really benefit from a 64-bit OS like snow leopard. If iCloud's features of iCal, Mail, Address Book, would sync across platforms from Lion to Snow Leopard it would be worth it for me to upgrade.\

So do you think it would be worth it for me to upgrade my old mac to snow leopard (it can't upgrade to lion as it's only a core duo processor not a core 2 duo procesor) so I could get all those features to sync? or does that not work in snow leopard.... thanks for saving me the time of lookin this up ....:D

2. Figo macrumors newbie

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...-away-snow-leopard-to-boost-icloud-migration/