snow leopard wallpaper designer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GlenL, Sep 5, 2009.

1. GlenL macrumors member

I'm interested in knowing who designed the Snow Leopard wallpaper of the actual snow leopard with snow on its head. Been wondering if somebody threw snow at a leopard and took a pic before running away or if it was photoshop'd in there.

Anybody know?

2. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

It was probably just some random photography that actually captured a picture of a snow leopard in the wild.

3. Tower-Union macrumors 6502

Tower-Union

Actually yes I do know. I was hired by Apple 3 years ago as a "wildlife photographer" or as the position is better known, "Holy hell are you INSANE?" I trained for years as a photinja (a photographer/ninja) so I could manage to throw the snow onto the leopards back AND snap a perfect picture before being mauled. Quite the harrowing feat I assure you. :rolleyes:

Ok seriously given that snow leopards are an endangered species my guess would be that Apple found the picture somewhere (under creative commons, or something else where they would not be sued for using it) and dropped it in. Either way I like it, its currently my desktop background :)

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Steve Winter

Another interesting link.

And Another.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure whether the wallpaper that is also printed on the OS X install disc and which you were specifically referring to is actually by him. I guess it's definitely photoshopped somewhat...