Snow Leopard will not install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bstockbrugger, Oct 11, 2009.

1. bstockbrugger macrumors newbie

Trying to upgrade form 10.5.8 and upon the first reboot, the DVD ejects and the upgrade will not continue. Prior to the reboot, the only message is that the installation will continue after it reboots but it never does. There are a bunch of pkg files in the MacOSX Install Data folder.

Has anyone seen this before of do you know how to manually continue the installation? It's acting like the media may be bad but I have no other MAC to test it on and no access to other install media to test. I was able to copy the contents of the dvd drive to an external drive but unfortunately it won't let you install from that volume.

Any thoughts?
    :confused::confused:

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well you've certainly made it difficult for us to help you troubleshoot. What are the odds that nobody has another media to test out the optical drive for issues or another Mac? ha ha.

First, check that the SL DVD has no fingerprints or scratches on it. Put it in the optical drive and shut down your Mac. Press the power button and after the chime sounds hold down the Option key and choose the SL DVD as the startup disk. It should bootup to the install screen. If it spits back out again, you need to find some other install media to test out your optical drive.

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I'd say pretty good since 9 out of 10 people don't have a mac.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

BS. :p