Snow Leopard - Wireless is slow

Discussion in 'macOS' started by asdfTT123, Sep 4, 2009.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to 10.6 the other day on my new uMBP (15" 2.66ghz, 9600 GT). I haven't had much time to play around with it yet but I realized that the wireless seemed a lot slower in snow leopard running safari. I would have some issues with web pages loading and youtube buffering clips. Anyone else notice any difference in wireless before? I'm pretty sure it's slower than it was in Leopard but I can't make any direct comparisons and I haven't been using my Macbook Pro for a few weeks. Is anyone else having any similar issues or have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. asdfTT123 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm fiddling with this some more I realized it's more of a Safari issue than the wireless itself. I'm using firefox right now and the speed is just about how I remember it. Is Safari just generally very buggy at this stage in the OS?

3. leforban macrumors newbie

Hi,

Got the same kind of trouble for 2 days. Tested (speedtest.net) in firefox and safari.

Then plugged ethernet cable and everything worked fine again (Even the wifi o_O) ...

Macbook 2,2 Ghz, x3100, 4 Go, 200Go @ 7200rpm ...

4. gaz617 macrumors member

You know that trick in 10.5, where you disabled IPv6 to speed up the 'net? Does anyone know if it works in SL?