Snow leopard won't shut down or restart... and more...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by murdockrock, Oct 13, 2009.

1. murdockrock macrumors newbie

I'm losing my mind with this OS...
    I'm running a 2007 silver Imac and just upgraded to SL.
    aside from all my apple aps (ie. logic pro studio 8) running slower than molasses rolling up a hill... my mighty mouse (wired) jumping to the corner of the screen all the time and wifi won't stay connected to my router for more than a few hours at a time (when this happens it also likes to ask me for the password it already knows... and rejects it when i reenter it???
    AND NOW my computer won't shut down or restart???
    i read in another thread about this happening with multiple accounts and a log out being needed... but i don't have other accounts... so i have nothing to log out from???
    I'm super disappointed and am tempted to switch to windows 7, but i've already invested a small fortune into my apple and apple exclusive software like the looser that i am...
    anyway...
    if anybody can help me with any of these problems i'd love them forever... and you'll be saving a perfectly good computer from being thrown out the window.
    :D

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Have you tried repairing disk permissions, resetting the PRAM, and running a hardware diagnostic from the SL disk?