Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bloomer51088

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
I searched the forum, but saw a lot of sleep issues. None quite like mine. I have a MBP 13" bought in June. When I close the lid, it goes to sleep just fine. When I open it, I can hear it start up. The sleep light becomes illuminated, but then about 5 seconds later goes back to sleep.

I have tried to hold the power button and shut the computer down, and start it back up. When it starts up, it shows the white screen with the apple logo, then goes blue, and is about to load the log-on screen, and goes back to sleep. I have already tried an archive and install, and a erase and install. Neither worked.

Occassionally it will start back up if I just wait 20-30 minutes. Sorry about the long log, but I do not know what information is needed. I tried to wake from sleep around 1:27 in the logs, and it actually let me boot up and log on around 1:53. To give you an idea of what I was doing to cause these
logs.

Attachments

• console_log.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 98

Tyr.

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Antwerp, Belgium
The log definitely isn't from after an erase+install since you can clearly see VirtualBox starting in the logs. Did you have the problem immediately after reinstalling or after installing applications ? I saw a "trinityserver" crash I don't know what that is, but I found a reference to it regarding Hauppage WinTV. If you are using this my guess is that the driver isn't properly supported by SL. Try having a look at the crash log (from DVD boot or external drive boot) :

Code:
/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/TrinityServer_2009-10-13-133539_localhost.crash

In my experience boot/sleep problems are caused either by broken hardware or bad kernel modules (drivers).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.