Snow Leopard - worth the wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spongebodge, Apr 29, 2009.

1. spongebodge macrumors newbie

I'm going to college in the fall so I'll be making my laptop purchase during the summer.
    I'm pretty much set on getting a Macbook but I would be really annoyed if Snow Leopard was released like a month after I bought it. Does anybody have a good estimate to when Snow Leopard will be out? On the Internet I've seen things like mid year all the way to late fall. I can hold off the purchase probably till mid/late August...could I still get Snow Leopard? Is it worth the wait? If not I could just get it early in the summer and be done with it..

Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We have no clue when it will be out, nor what it will do in terms of performance.

July-September is likely.

3. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

If you don't really need the MB now wait for Aug to buy it then.
    And I still don't get the hype around SL - when it's finally released, then we will know if it was something worth to go crazy about,...

4. booste macrumors member

booste

Put it this way, is it worth it to you to 'Pay' ~$125 to have a MacBook for a few months?

Assuming you will upgrade

5. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

wait. 1) your college will most likely have discounts on macs, so buy it when you get there. 2) back to school deal...usually a free ipod or something with mac purchase. 3) SL will probably be out by then

6. mbleopard macrumors regular

I'm not sure what college your going to, but I know the college I went to we got fairly significant discounts off of software if we bought them through the University. You could check into that and see if your college offers the same thing.

If so just get the laptop anytime, there may be a small update on the laptops, but they were just released late last year so if anything it'll be a small speed bump.

7. The Hammer macrumors regular