Snow Leopard!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AeroBar, Apr 26, 2012.

1. AeroBar, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012

AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I bought Snow Leopard, but I have received a single user install disc instead of the family version.

Before I go to the hassle of the returns process and have to wait for the proper disc to arrive, I was wondering if it is possible to install the OS on two machines with different owners?

The sole purpose of ordering Snow Leopard was to immediately upgrade to Lion so if this disc can install on two machines I would happily carry and not bother with returning it - a lot of hassle considering we'll both be buying Lion five minutes after installing Snow Leopard.

I obviously can't test the idea as to open the sealed OS would void my right to return.

Cheers.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You can install it on as many computers as you like.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

By letter of the Terms of Use you can only install SL on one Mac at a time. In practice nobody cares... just install it on however many computers you want. Since you're updating to Lion immediately after and there is no mechanism to enforce this "rule", you'll be fine.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Although my new MBA came with Lion, after working hard to embrace it, I still prefer 10.6.8 as my OS of choice.

Since I have Snow Leopard on my other Macs, including a 2010 MBA, I'm going to pass on Lion for now. Perhaps a few revs into Mountain Lion it will be more compelling.

Lion is the first version of Apples desktop OS that I've rejected. An odd occurrence to be sure.

5. SEGeologist macrumors member

Since you bought the family pack you are definitely fine on using this disc on more than one Apple Computer (either 3 or 5). Even the Single License allows users to install on multiple machines, as there is no serial number associated with the install.

Remember to burn your install file before installing.

In theory one could do the same with the Lion install. But that is just cheating the system.

Christopher

6. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Amen. I'll be installing SL on my MBA soon. I find myself not using it very often, and opting for the Mac Pro with Snow Leopard on it.

Lion, IMHO, sucks.