Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Live Steam, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Live Steam macrumors regular

Has anyone upgraded to this on a 2 year old AluMac and is the upgrade worth it? Heave you noticed improved performance? What differences have you experienced?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

quite possible the only difference you'll see is more disk space left over, depending on your laptops spec, you might see quicker boot times but it wouldnt be that noticable ;)

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should have no problems with the upgrade

However, don't expect any real noticeable or exciting changes in the interface or performance

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I have done so, and besides Safari being a pain in the ass, it works okay, but sometimes I wished I stayed with Leopard, or better, Tiger, as those were more stable

The thread title snail strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

5. Pax macrumors 6502a

+1

SL has been rock solid for me. Only negative point for me is they're rearranged the way Spotlight results are shown, they're not grouped by type any more. Grrr.

Also, you might have to upgrade some software which might cost $$$$.

IMHO, not worth the upgrade until Apple stops supporting Leopard.