Snow Loepard on New Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kornyboy, Aug 16, 2009.

1. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Does anyone know Apple's policy on OS upgrades for a new mac. Say I want to buy a new Mac on the release day of Snow Leopard, will I have to pay the $9.95 for the OS or will Apple already have shipped new macs with the OS installed?

Just curious more than anything.

Thanks.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

From what I've read on here in regards to the launch of both Tiger and Leopard, if you walk into a store on the day of SL's release you will get a Mac with Leopard installed, but it will have Snow Leopard discs in the box, because they can't just unpack every computer and install the new OS. It'll take several days, maybe a couple weeks, after Snow Leopard's release before computers with it preinstalled will become available (due to clearing inventory with Leopard installed).

3. kornyboy thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

That's what I thought and it makes the most sense. Thanks!