Snowcover4 keeps crashing my springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dgamer84, Feb 11, 2011.

1. dgamer84 macrumors regular

I deleted every tweak/app and it still crashes it. Once you play a song and you go to the lockscreen, you activated by double tapping the screen right?

2. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Double tapping should just bring up the regular iPod controls on the lockscreen.

The settings for SnowCover are in the Settings app.

Did you happen to rename your NowPlayingArtLockScreen.bundle located System/Library/SpringBoardPlugins/ to hide the album art on lockscreen.

Renaming that interferes with SnowCover 4.

3. meangreen macrumors newbie

Apparently it's a known issue that it crashes if the song doesn't have album artwork.

4. dgamer84 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, figured it out after playing another song with album artwork and it was perfect. Wish I would have tried it sooner. Thanks for the help people.

5. derek420 macrumors member

A new beta was released in the MT thread that fixes some bugs, you could try it out.

6. dgamer84 thread starter macrumors regular

How do I install the upgrade? Cydia doesn't seem to find it..

7. derek420 macrumors member

I haven't downloaded it but I'm going to assume it's a .deb file, if that's the case then you're going to have to SSH in to install it. Google for a tutorial.

8. dgamer84 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks.

9. derek420 macrumors member

10. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Developer has clear instructions on what to do.

Put in "/Libray/MobileSubstrate/Dyn.Libraries" and respring

11. newskin, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

newskin macrumors 6502

Quick question, does his release include the slide out controls that pop out the side of the cover? So instead of swiping, we can just press to forward,rewind,etc? Thx again.

Never mind fellas, these features will hopefully come at a later time.

12. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

I talked to Gilo and unfortunately he doesn't like the swipe to play/pause controls. I'm trying to convince him otherwise. We chat regularly, so I think I'm wearing him down. ;)

13. newskin macrumors 6502

Would be nice to have options for both the swipes and the slide out buttons. Personally i just wanted the buttons cause i had a problem with the swipes but just found out it was due to having lockinfo taking up the space where we usually swipe. Now i just have to find the right combination of settings to have both work together on the lockscreen. Thanks again Nate.

14. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

Np. What I do is have LockInfo set to dismiss when the iPod is playing. Or you can set LI to dismiss with a double tap of the clock and just do that when you play music I guess. As far as the slide out buttons, I don't see that happening but you never know. I'll mention it to Gilo and see what he says.

15. newskin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds good, I was playing with the lockinfo options last night and saw that option for it to disappear when the music controls come up, so thx again. Now it's not such a big deal not having the slide out controls, thx again man.

16. ISambucaI macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I've been trawling the net for an answer but haven't come up with any thing.

I've just updated to IOS 5.1.1 and have installed Snowcover4. It seems to work but there's a weird glitch that when I swipe to change songs, the screen flicks from the Album cover and Snowcover background to to the lockscreen wallpaper, then flicks back to the Snowcover background with the next songs album cover.

I remember it working flawlessly when using it on 5.0.1 where the screen would not flick backgrounds and would stay the same when swiping to change songs.

Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?