SnowLeopard installation and iTunes via TC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lasse1981, May 8, 2010.

1. lasse1981 macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.

1. I have a iMac with a SnowLeopard DVD and a macMini with a Leopard DVD and a Snow Leopard DVD. I have to make a clean installation on the macMini of snow Leopard, and would like to know if I can use the DVD I got with the iMac, so I won't have to first install Leopard and then upgrade?

2. I'm sharing my iTunes library via my Time Capsule between my iMac and macMini, and it actually works great apart from one thing. If the TC is in "sleep mode", the iTunes ask me to locate the Library file upon launch, and I have then have to select it from th TC. - Is there any way that the TC can "wake" by it self as soon as I launch iTunes?

thank you for your help.

Best regards
    Lasse

2. Theappmachine macrumors member

Theappmachine

1: as far as I know every mac model has its own installation disk. So ur iMac's shouldn't work on the mini and vice versa. But u can try and nothing bad should happen.

2: this is strange since I have my iTunes lib on a TC and as soon as I open iTunes the capsule wakes up... I also have my TC into my login items... maybe this could make a difference :)

3. lasse1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply.

what exactly do you mean by "login terms"?

It only happens the first time after "reboot" ... after this the TC will wake up and work as it should..

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

1. If one of the Snow Leopard DVDs is the Upgrade DVD you got for 29USD in a shop, then you can use that DVD on both Macs without the need to have Leopard pre-installed.
    MRoogle will tell you this hundreds of times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOGIN ITEMS: System Preferences > Accounts > Your account > Login/startup item.