So... 2.2, is it as bad as 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jas07, Jan 11, 2016.

1. jas07 macrumors regular

jas07

Before I attempt to install 2.2, is it as bad as 2.0 Beta's? :)

2. Armen, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

how about you don't install a beta and wait for the public release? :p

Edit: I don't know how you guys risk installing WatchOS betas when you can't roll back and have to stick it out. What if something serious fell through Apple's QA process and you got stuck with something bad like random restarts?

3. jas07 thread starter macrumors regular

jas07

Because without us then how would the issues get resolved so the public release is bug free?

Im not getting into that though, just wanted to know feedback from people that have installed it

4. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

I don't think it is as bad, since 2.0 was a much bigger update.

I haven't installed it yet, because I need iOS 9.3 for it, and I want to stay on 9.2 because of an expected JB.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's why they rely on developers to install it and report any potential issues. It's not a public beta so they can do "without (you)".

But you seem to want to eat your cake and have it too. If you don't want to deal with potential issues (judging from your being worried if it's as bad as beta 2.0), wait until the official release.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

With my watch and more so for my phone, I really don't find the temptation to install the beta. I figured its not worth the hassles of dealing with bugs and instability. Just my $.02 but if there's a risk of problems with the beta, then you're better off waiting until apple cleans those up

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

8. DadBod630 macrumors regular

Tried this and it actually wiped my iPhone. All my contacts, apps, pics, gone. I'm trying to get Apple to give me a refund on the watch and phone but they're being stubborn.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So you didn't have a recent backup of your iPhone? Are you saying you think Apple should refund you because you neglected to back up your iPhone?

10. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Why would they do that?

11. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Aren't you supposed to install new, barely tested software on unbacked-up devices? I mean, what's the fun if there's no risk involved? And, of course, Apple should refund a user's money for being willing to risk it all...and losing.

Let's be real here.

12. DadBod630 macrumors regular

I installed some Apple Software, that ,being ,the betta 9.3 and it broke my stuff.

13. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

If you ask this question, you are not developer, please skip it and move on for next question, and save some "I need help with my 2.2 beta" post from you in the future. :confused:

14. nicho macrumors 68000

were you drunk?

also, you should have backed it up.

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

My question is directed at developers who have wOS 2.2 beta installed.

16. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Beta.

BETA.

It's a misspelled acronym for Ain't Ready For Public Release Yet (ARFPRY).

If you're a developer with a couple iOS and WatchOS devices you use only for testing, you probably should try the betas since you'll be able to help submit bug reports and do testing.

If you're hoping to "upgrade" your daily-use device and have it run safely with no data loss by installing an OS -- not just an app, mind you, but the entire operating system -- which still has undiscovered bugs, then… well, I don't know what to tell you.

17. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Go read the instructions, license agreement and terms &conditions. You are SoL, apple support will help you to reset your devices but that's about it.

18. Chad McCan macrumors newbie

Chad McCan

Pain in the ACE! Mainly because it's beta software. You won't have to jump through the same hoops when it's public.

[​IMG]

19. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Yup, seems to work fine. I only encountered a couple of problems. The second watch needed to be already updated to 2.2 for pairing to be successful. Third party apps weren't automatically installed like I'd selected during setup so I have different sets of apps on each watch.