Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
The blinking cursor bug is mainly in Safari...for example if you try to log into your google account, there is no blinking cursor in the box.

The cap bug is mainly in my 3rd party apps that will have to be updated by the devs to work with 3.0. However, go into Contacts App and select the + to build a new contact. Then select name...the cap Arrow will not light up. In notes it does. So it is a bug that is in some apps but not all...just depends on what you use.

The text boxes in web pages must be rendered differently now causing all of the bugs because if you go to search in google with the top bar then you can see the cursor again.

lfine39

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
if you restored from a backup then that is your problem.

i have a few friends running it and the only people that i have seen have serious problems are the ones that choose to restore from backup and did not set it up as a new phone.

the few that had those problems saw them go away when they restored it again as a new phone.

it has a few issues but nothing you wouldn't expect from a beta and nothing that has me wanting to go back to 2.2.1

hope that helps your bugs

Same thing with me I had tons of hiccups with a restore reloaded as a new phone almost all are gone

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
syncings been a joke for me. Other than that and occasional lag, its been alright.

lfine39

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
Is this something new in 3.0 or maybe I just never noticed it before... when you add a contact Phone number there is an iPhone category with fax,work, mobile anyone else catch that???

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Is this something new in 3.0 or maybe I just never noticed it before... when you add a contact Phone number there is an iPhone category with fax,work, mobile anyone else catch that???

Hmm. Could be just a custom label. It's on mine too. Other new things I've noticed: The font for the song title on the lock screen when music is playing is much smaller now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.