So a shiny new 2 year contract for a phone that doesn't work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stlredbird, Jul 16, 2010.

1. stlredbird macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2009
    Alright, I love my iPhone 4 and I'm not giving it back. I'm also not putting a stupid bumper on it or any other case. I paid for a certain aesthetic quality that those ruin.

However, Apple has now admitted that there IS a hardware problem, and because of this problem some people will decide to just return their phones b/c a bumper is not an acceptable fix (as it wouldn't be for me).

So will AT&T let people out of their contracts? They really should. People purchased the plans b/c of the new phones, which by Apple's own admission are defective. The obvious argument is that no one HAD to purchase the contract to get the new phone, they could have just paid double the price for the phone. So the answer is more than likely no they won't, but still it's slightly shady.

Thoughts? Comments?

I myself am keeping my plan and my naked phone.
  2. bafrad macrumors newbie

Jul 16, 2010
    It's a hardware problem on EVERY PHONE IN EXISTENCE. It's like you people don't listen or read everything. Go read other articles explaining the issue. The Phone works. Like with every phone with an antenna, you can interfere with it. Either don't interfere with it, get a free case, or return the thing if you want to be handicapped.
  3. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

May 29, 2010
    Sorry but my bars don't drop like the iPhone 4 on my Evo or 3GS.
  4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

Apr 6, 2007
    Yes they will. On ANY phone actually, for any reason, so long as you return the phone within the 30 days and get a refund. It's been this way since at least 2005, back when I first tried Cingular on a black Motorola RAZR and found it wasn't to my liking.

If you're an existing AT&T customer and don't cancel, it will take a few days for your contract and eligibility status to reset in the system. Or, you can exchange for some other phone and your contract then applies on that phone instead.

That's not what they said at all. But even so, and no matter whether you think this or any other phone is defective or not, your AT&T contract is nullified upon refund.
  5. stlredbird thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2009
    You drink a whole different Kool-Aid than I do.
  6. stlredbird thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2009
    Ah well there ya go. I didn't know that. Thank you :)
  7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2008

I think, though, what people really want is to KEEP the subsidized iPhone 4 AND get out of their contracts. Which... no.

Go buy another type of phone, if you don't like the iPhone. We're all free to choose. It's a beautiful thing. (Um... not addressed to you, scaredpoet. Addressed to the angry masses.)
  8. Stuart21 macrumors member

Jun 9, 2010
    My shiny iphone works great. Take it back if your not happy. Yea if you death grip your bars will drop so avoid it. People just want to complain about anything they can.
  9. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

Mark Booth

Jan 16, 2008
    Bottom line for me: My iPhone 4 holds a call in places where my original iPhone, my 3G and my 3GS were notorious for dropping the call. The iPhone 4 IS a better phone.

Everyone that isn't satisfied, TAKE IT BACK!! PLEASE!

10. watercrawl macrumors newbie

Jul 1, 2010
    LMAO.....pop through the nose on that one. Thanks....needed that.
  11. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2008
    Steve Jobs answered this in the Q&A. Yes, they will.