So After a Week and Some Change, How's the Keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Virtualball, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Virtualball macrumors 6502

Well? Has it improved significantly, or are you still hitting "P" instead of "o"? ;)

2. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I was typing pretty fast with two thumbs on day 2. I still make mistakes but I'm getting better all the time.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I love it. Faster on my iPhone then I ever was on my Treo.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the only thing i don't love is that the error prevention software doesn't always kick in. when it's there, though, typing is fast, natural and somewhat even fun. :)

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Yes I have the same issue, but haven't figured out why that is.

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Keyboard has always been easy for me AND I have fat fingers.

8. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

Keyboard is working great for me! Infact, I've gotten so fast that it's holding me back. The keyboard won't allow "multi" taps simultaneously or near-simultaneous, so I have to purposefully slow myself down or some of my taps wont be registered.

9. Xtoo macrumors member

Since day one I have had NO PROBLEMS typing with two thumbs. I make mistakes but for the most part it's been extremely easy...!

10. morg0052 macrumors member

Iphone is way faster than anyhting. I only used a razr before with t9, but I'm considerably faster on the iphone and when I use my freinds blackberrys and treos I can't type at all becuase you have to hit each key perfect. All my friends that try the iphone say they are about the same speed right away, they just need getting used to trusting the software. When you trust the software it really works well because you don't even have to hit the right keys

11. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I love it, its easy to use with two thumbs, and the auto correct works 99% of the time. I had a KRZR, and it was so slow, and I was pretty fast with T9, that when I was done tapping in my message, It was still registering on the phone, and I had to sit there and wait for it to finish.

12. DonWilson macrumors member

13. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

the keyboard is a non issue.

I find it works fine. My biggest problem was hitting the keys at the edges 2nd from the end I would usually tap too close to the edge and get the last symbol.

Once you get used to it, it's really not that hard at all, but then again, I didn't have to "unlearn" using a crackberry or treo.

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I keep hitting P by accident...thats about it :D

15. damado macrumors 6502

I'm getting better...the trick for me is to type with the tips of my thumbs. O E S and W are the letters that give me the most problems...tonight I was sending out a bunch of test emails and instead of writing "test" I kept typing "twat" :eek:

16. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Would be amusing if for a while when you typed "test" the predictive correction prompted you with "twat" =D

17. swdesignr macrumors newbie

Typing tips?

I never got a Crackberry because of the keyboard and the rumors of the iPhone last year, so I suck at typing. I use one finger, which is fairly accurate but slow. When I'm holding the phone vertically and trying to type with thumbs it keeps slipping out of my hands. Landscape mode is easier but it's not available for email, notes, etc.

Any tips, demos or photos would be cool for newbies like me!

(Laboriously sent from my iPhone)

18. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
    Not carrying a hardware keyboard? Priceless.