Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Honestly, if I didn't already own an iPod, I'd consider it. But, even discounting the form factor, the real limiting factor to me is "100 Songs in Your Pocket" instead of "1000 Songs in Your Pocket."

I'm not going to pour buckets of Hatorade on the ROKR, but for what I'd want in a cell phone the RAZR is more appropriate. Let the ROKR mature a little, open up the possibility to play more songs (not that someone won't figure out how to hack the existing model for this), and throw in some swappable SD memory for MP3s and I would replace my iPod with it.

native00

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2004
San Diego
I bought one because I was in desperate need of a phone (the one I had was so old it literally had a defiant mind of its own). I was originally looking at the Nokia 6230, but out of 6 cingular stores, no one carried it. I was looking for a phone that was Bluetooth enabled and NOT a flip phone, hence the Razor was a no-go.

Finally, I said "just gimme the damm iTunes phone!" Its not that bad at all. Same build as the e398, but with a dedicated iTunes button. The 100 song limit is something that I am eagerly awaiting to be cracked (which is, btw, currently under progress by many cell phone enthusiasts).

I like it. Its got a nice design - light, fits nice in the pocket - and I've already added my custom ringtones and wallpapers effortlessly via Bluetooth. The 2-year contract is not an issue for me, as I ve been with cingular almost since its existence.

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
native00 said:
I like it. Its got a nice design - light, fits nice in the pocket - and I've already added my custom ringtones and wallpapers effortlessly via Bluetooth. The 2-year contract is not an issue for me, as I ve been with cingular almost since its existence.

So the Bluetooth is NOT limited to only voice (headset) but works for file transfers, also? How about iSync support? Is there any? I keep trying to get to a Cingular store to check it out but it hasn't happened yet. (Ironically, there is a Cingular store 50 yards from the gym I go to, but Cingular for some reason isn't open at 4:00am when I am there)

G-Prime

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I got to play with one yeasterday, I like it but don't plan on getting one. I may change my mind if someone cracks it so I can use my iTunes music as ringtones. The stereo speakers sounded better than I thought they would though, they don't sound great but they don't sound bad either. My current plans are to buy a Nokia 6230 and a iPod nano instead.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
to give up a flip phone, i'd need a lot more than 100 songs on it. it'd have to be shiny and pretty and neat. and it'd need to be designed by apple...

put short, i'd love itunes on my phone, but i don't like moto phones much, and it's not worth it.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Verizon has Sh*ty phones. Damn them and their contracts!. Everybody else has awesome super slim phones, music capabilities, and what not. Why can't I get an iTunes phone, or a RAZR! I wanna switch, but...

1) I have a contract
2) Verizon has better service then cingular [where I live] (Cingular was rated the worst)
3) The only thing cingular has that I want is their phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.