I've been dreaming about macs ever since I realized my parents were going to chip in and help me buy a laptop for college. They've agreed to cover 1,000 of it. (I had to do a lot to convince them to go from 500-1000, lol) I am probably just going to be web browsing, writing papers, and just doing basic tasks on my mac notebook, and although I realize these tasks can be completed more than well enough on a macbook, I'm leaning heavily towards the pro. Here are some of my main reasons: 1. (And this is probably most important) Is the 15in screen size. Honestly, this might make me crazy to have this as my top priority, but for college I'm in a tiny dorm room so I imagine I will be doing most of my studying in the library or at various venues around campus, not in the dorm room, which eliminates my idea of a macbook and an external display. Thus, I feel if I go with a mac notebook it needs to be one with a larger screen! I honestly find the 13.3 inch screen to be far too small for extended/efficient use. 2. OSX. Now this is my reason for macbookpro/macbook over all other laptops I've considered (such as the Dell XPS line). I want a nice laptop for the best price, and I know apple's are known for high prices, but I;ve taken a long hard look at OSX and I feel the price is worth it. 3. Extra features. The discrete graphics, as noted with my uses, are obviously not a necessity, but one cannot deny they are a nice add-on. If I ever do stoop back into windows for some gaming I'll have a little more power, although one reason I even want a mac is so I'm swayed away from gaming while in college! need to focus on more important things! Other extra features such as the backlit keyboard and such small things as DVI over mini-DVI and such are what sway me in the macbookpro direction. Am I right to consider it, or am I being foolish not to just grab a macbook and leave it at that? I'd get the educational discount and a free ipod if I get it before the 15th, but the waiting issue is a while nother ballgame. It looks like I won't be able to get the updated version since I need to go back to school Sept. 18th or so. So yeah, just looking for input on my decision on the MBP over all other options. As usual, sorry for my long initial post, thanks in advance for your responses!