[So] Another stripped HD screw scenario

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Limboistik, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Limboistik macrumors regular

This is probably the #89384th thread on this, but...
    seriously can't they provide a better screw? geezz...

anyways I made an appointment in an hour at the apple store, just wanted to confirm if they will be able to replace the screw for me free of charge, as thats what I've read in a few threads..or is it really just luck of the draw?

I still have apple care if that matters, and while we're on this subject has anyone even tried having them install your new HD for you also? may be pushing it? lol.

I just bought an SSD and it's sitting on my table teasing me :/

2. 2hvy4grvty macrumors 6502

If you're hasty, just do the rubber band trick.

3. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

I can't imagine they'd make a fuss over replacing a single screw... I don't see why they wouldn't do it for free as they have been known to do things for free, and this is just about as cheap as it gets.

4. Limboistik thread starter macrumors regular

ya tried it, the head is pretty much FUBAR, not working for me.

or maybe i'm doing it wrong, i just layed the rubber band on top of the screw, and i have a + head pushing in hard

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

is it the hard drive bracket screw? if so, iirc, the head is elevated right? (ie not flush). I had stripped mine and then used a needle nose pliers to grab the circumference of the head and twist it out

6. Limboistik thread starter macrumors regular

nope this one's flush...bah gotta head out to the apple store now, will update after