So.. any X holdouts being tempted by the 8/8+ yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JPIndustrie, Sep 26, 2017.

1. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

My friends are heavily divided between the 8 and the X (way of the world nowadays isnt it?) and those that have the first release of ‘17MY iPhones are doing a bit of rubbing in the face...

I’m of course holding out for the 2017.5 model but I will admit after handling one in the store it is a very nice , distinct design. Sort of a rounded evolved iPhone 4, better than the 7 IMO. That $300-400 I’d save would go easily into a series 3 ...

I have no doubt Face ID will rock but at this point the screen is the only selling point for me ... anyone reconsidering now that the 8 is out in the wild?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Nope.

The 8 looks great, but I’m looking forward to a better camera and bigger screen in a smaller package!

3. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I bought the 8 Plus and the Series 3 Apple watch instead, I can wait a year for the next version of the X which will hopefully not be ridiculously priced.

4. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Nope. Held out this long. Might as well go for the long haul

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think you will find out that most to who have not purchased the iPhone 8 at this point, are likely waiting for the iPhone X. And the tension is going to continue to build for the iPhone X as we approach closer to the pre-order date on October 27.

6. shootertwist14 macrumors member

Same here, i figured two weeks have been chopped off from the initial 6-week wait shock after the announcement, might as well wait it out, and the nearer it gets more details are expected to surface, exciting times ahead :)

7. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

Held out this long so going to continue holding out, if the X is out and I don't like it will send it back for an 8 Plus.

8. Broken Hope macrumors 6502a

Not tempted in the slightest, had a 6 and now a 7, not buying another identical looking phone.

9. x-evil-x macrumors 601

x-evil-x

nothing in my brain is tempted to throw 900$ on a 4 year old(almost) design. I still feel bad about the price of the X but at least its somewhat different.