So, anything new at Macworld (MB/MBP)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Milk*is*tasty, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Milk*is*tasty macrumors member

Hello, first time poster. Planning on buying a MB, so I guess I just wanted to hang around a bit to soak up some information. I'm originally a PC-user, I have a general dislike for Apple marketing and people who have wierd relationships to their computers (meaning buying into PR and are delusional about it being correct), but hey, Apple actually do make some spiffy hardware and software, so I'll guess I'll just have to tolerate madness if I am to buy something off Apple ;)

Anyhoo, I know MacWorld is coming up soon, and I was just wondering if there has been any discussions about wether or not there will be new versions of MB/MBP. I'm completely new to this stuff, so don't cut my head off if I say something stupid (for all I know Jobs may be presenting new MB/MBP's every year at MacWorld). The thing is, I was planning on buying a BlackBook a few weeks back, and then I ended up waiting for the Santa Rosa version. Then I heard talk about issues with battery, Leopard and harddrives going to hell, and I thought I'd just wait a couple of more weeks, and now I find myself wondering if there's any point in buying right now, seeing as MW is right around the corner.

The thing is, the reason for me buying the MB is that I need a completely silent computer for recording guitar/vocals/other sounds. I haven't found measurements, but I heard the MB was pretty quiet. What's your take on it? Is the MB a good choice for recording purposes?

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

MBP update is more likely than a MB update. As for quietness, blackbook (SR) is pretty quiet until you do something intensive like running vmware or watch a movie.

3. piginawig macrumors newbie

Wow, no one knows, and the MB just got a silent upgrade anyway...

4. Milk*is*tasty thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I was hoping for new LCD (diode-based) at MacWorld, nothing more. There really has been no talk about it though?

So... when you say «pretty quiet», what does that mean? And what kind of noise are we talking about when you use it for recording? As far as I know, it's not very CPU-intensive.

Anyone have any experience using it for recording?