Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fonz5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I pre-ordered my phone 12 hours after the sites were open and I got my tracking number last night for Friday delivery ???!!! I guess it's because everyone else ordered the 2 grey colors???

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I pre-ordered my phone 12 hours after the sites were open and I got my tracking number last night for Friday delivery ???!!! I guess it's because everyone else ordered the 2 grey colors???

Space Gray seems to be the most popular followed by Silver and then Gold.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
I kind of want gold, but really wish I could see it in person. Never stumbled across a 5s gold this whole time.

I stopped by a corporate ATT store the other day and they only had a scratched up silver 5s on display. I told them I was hoping to see a gold to help my decision for the 6+ launch. They were unable to show a physical 5s gold and instead pointed to a wall graphic as an example of the color. I sighed and said thank you. You can't get a good idea of a metallic color and surface from a matte photo with studio lighting. I hear people will hate the photos, but love the real thing, and vice versa.

I plan to wait in line for the 6+ at that ATT corporate store, but I doubt they will have gold. Their 5s launch stock was only space grey. I'd settle for silver too, as I do like the white face to breakup the large surface area of the plus..

Ali0056

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Here in Canada, they were out of stock with in couple of hours, even gold iphone 6 sold out in a day.
I really want one and thinking of lining up for it!:rolleyes:

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
I ordered a 64gb Iphone 6 in gold :)
I had the gold 5s before this, and I liked the color.
It's not flashy, and very subtle.
I also liked the 5s design a whole lot more, but the iPhone 6's design seems more practical.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
So apparently nobody wants the Gold 6 PLus?

Well I didn't want the 6+ in gold so i took space grey but took a 6 in gold... It's just too much gold on the 6+

miamiblue112

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
IP6 gold really isnt a gold color. My wife likes it though.
Kinda hoping her IP6+ is too big.... Ebay anyone.

Apple-of-my-eye

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I ordered the 6 plus in Gold. I ordered at about 6:00 am CST last Friday, and my expected delivery date window is Oct 1-6... so there must be some demand to not be able to get it on launch day.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I got gold for the hell of it. Actually, I was totally undecided between silver and gold and was trying the Apple store app on preorder morning on both my phone and iPad mini, one with gold selected and one with silver. Decided I'd go with whichever one got through first, so gold it is.

I had a gold 5S, so I know what I'm getting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.