So Apple didn't re-format the Phone app/dialer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuyAZ, Sep 15, 2014.

1. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

What the heck Apple didn't reformat the dialer on the 6? I've been searching for a hands-on video that shows the Phone app and finally found one only to be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xZGHTZoq4

[​IMG]

Wouldn't something like this have made more sense? How to you reach all the numbers? And it'll be even worse on the 6+ :eek::(

[​IMG]

2. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That is not the real iPhone 6.

1) Box is completely wrong
    2) Home screen is wrong. Both only show 5 rows of apps, and do not show the Health app
    3) Just watch the video, the OS is obviously the iOS skinned version of Android that was shown for the past few months.

Not saying the Phone app won't look like this, it likely will, but its not definitive as this is not a real iPhone 6.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

That's not a real iPhone 6. That's the Goophone clone.

5. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm assuming there are only 5 rows of apps because it's using the Display Zoom feature?

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I understand what you'r saying but that phone is a fake.

Not running iOS 8 (you can tell by the passbook colors) and it's sluggish as hell. Plus there are 3 holes on the front. Not just 2.

I hope the real Silver iPhone 6 has the white bands on the back just like this phone does and not the gray color I'm seeing elsewhere. Hard to say though. :(

7. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

So there's some hope still?

8. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

lolz I was looking at video and i'm thinking WTF. It's laggy and glitchy and if I didn't read the comments here I would of been disappointed with buying the 6 and jumping into ios 8 with it in that kind of state.

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

No. iOS 8 does not have a redesigned dialer. It's the same one as before. (running GM on my 5S)

Yup. There are quite a few "iPhone 6" review videos on YouTube. All are fakes.

10. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I wouldn't expect a redesinged dialer for the 5s or any earlier phone, but for the 6 and 6+ it would make sense and could still be there (kind of how the 6 and 6+ have different interfaces in some apps even though they don't work on other models, like dual-pane landscape mode etc).

11. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Well looks like the video screen shot I posted earlier was in fact real...here is the dialer from one of the reviews online...

[​IMG]

It looks like the numbers are a bit lower than on the iPhone 5 in relation to the top of the screen. I haven't been able to find an iPhone 6+ dialer screen shot but hopefully those are also reachable.

[​IMG]

12. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It was not real. All this means is that the dialer was in fact not re-designed (no one really expected it to be). The first video you posted was still of the goo phone, not a real iPhone 6, but neither has an updated dialer.

13. HXGuyAZ thread starter macrumors 6502

The iPhone 6 dialer is a little different than the iPhone 5 dialer, you can see it in the screen shot I posted a couple replies up.

14. poose22 macrumors member

maybe it's just me, but I really hate having the delete button on the top right. It just feels awkward.

15. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You misunderstood. The video is definitely fake. The review showing the dialer may have confirmed your suspicions, but the video is absolutely irrelevant since there is no iPhone in it.