So, are reception issues finally solved? (UK UPDATE 6/10/08)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Psyxologos, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I have not read a thread with complains about the 3G reception for a few days now. Is it because the problems are solved or are people just tired of complaining and just accepted their predicament?

2. munckee macrumors 65816

Definitely not solve here in NYC. Voice reception on 3G is still crap. I've resorted to manually turning 3G on and off as needed for data use. Otherwise, Edge seems to be the bees knees for voice communication.

3. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

I never had reception issues with 2.0.X. With 2.1, I can have full bars and it will switch to EDGE for seemingly no reason. It may not be a reception issue, it may be Apple giving us more bars when it shouldn't show them. I don't get dropped calls regardless, but with previous software versions....it seemed more accurate.

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

Have to remember too that it also depends on the location of the towers and what is between the towers and you.

5. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

I'm still getting 'call failed' - it's better with 2.1, but still not where it should be.

6. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

So it is the second thing then, people just got tired of complaining? Now this is an effective marketing strategy:

Ignore customer's complains, sooner or latter they will tire!

Thumbs up Apple and O2

:(:(:(:(

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I think solving my reception issues would mean 4-5 bars 24/7, but that will never happen. So, I'm happy with 2-4 bars and no more "No Service" messages...

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i dont think reception issues will ever be solved thanks to apples antenna design. With my phone sitting on a table i get 3-4 bars and as soon as i pick it up it goes to 2-1.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Same with mine at my house. I've grow accustomed to leaving it in the same spot and utilizing my Motorola BT MotoPUREH12 24/7. Seems to work for me...:cool:

10. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

granted i rarely ever get a no service indicator its still kind of deflating to see 4 bars drop to 1. Also this phone takes FOREVER to find service. Any other phone if i lost service it would find it within 5 seconds this takes a good minute on a good day, otherwise i have to go into airplane then back

11. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

So buying an iphone '3G' (euphemism) requires ownership and use of a backup phone so the owner can make phone calls? So why don't you buy an ipod touch?

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Motorola BT (Bluetooth) MotoPUREH12 is a headset, not a replacement phone...:eek:

13. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

well my 3g works in my house anywhere i am, but i dont have 3g in my town yet. Like i always say 3g is more of a promise than a reality

14. mets1125 macrumors regular

So am I... I also do not recieve calls and get a message without a missed call. Its a bit frustrating :mad:

15. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

No, but how do you response to the question, "well sir, how many bars do you have now?" "oh 4? case close. is there anything else I can do for you?"

16. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

I heard on the radio today that O2 is 'upgrading' their network of masts in order to 'compensate' for some of the phones' poor reception. Could this be the boost iphone 3G needs to start behaving like a proper mobile phone (as opposed to a very temperamental piece of fancy design and not much else)?