So are reserved phones really reserved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Jun 15, 2010.

  1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Location:
    Washington State
    #1
    I mean I keep hearing you end up waiting in line in the reserve line and the advantage is the line goes faster.

    But, I may be in a situation that I can only pick up the phone much later in the day (I mean after 7 PM) depending on my work schedule.

    Does this mean they'll actually hold it all day or am I going to be SOL (I think I heard one launch they did end up running out of iphones for the reserved people and late comers had to wait). And please tell me if I'm SOL that it probably won't be a 3-4 week to get one in. Basically the biggest thing for me is I want one before July 21rst which is when I go on vacation (I want to have its camera and video capability by then).
     
  2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

    Mystikal

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    #2
    Honestly who knows? The way things are going the world could end on the 24th. Apple is failing and ATT is crashing.
     
  3. LFSimon macrumors regular

    LFSimon

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Location:
    Illinois
    #3
    If it is very important than pre-order.

    Otherwise the only way to tell is to wait it out and see how it goes.
     
  4. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #4
    My confirmation e-mail says they will hold it for you until the store closes that day. So you need to pick it up on the 24th, after then, you're out of luck I guess.
     
  5. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    #5
    Then there is this:

    "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

    I really think that is just Apple covering their you-know-what.
     
  6. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Location:
    Washington State
    #6
    I am not the main account holder and the main account holder thinks I am being silly and is not sure he wants one. So I gotta get him to decide if he is ok with me upgrading and signing a two year contract that hr may have to leavi in my name if my credit is not approved (had my ID stolen years ago and my credit still has remnants dlfrom that. ). I don't want to rush him cause a sure fire way to get him to tell me to bug off is by bothering him and he does not see why I'm in any hurry. Sorry for the typos, I am typing on my phone.
     

Share This Page