Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnscully

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
ToothFairy or AirBuddy on Mojave - problem solved.
Don't know about ToothFairy, but AirBuddy requires Catalina for the AirPods Pro: "AirPods Pro will work with AirBuddy if you're running it on macOS Catalina version 10.15.1 or later." (from their Website)

Reactions: kemo

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Don't know about ToothFairy, but AirBuddy requires Catalina for the AirPods Pro: "AirPods Pro will work with AirBuddy if you're running it on macOS Catalina version 10.15.1 or later." (from their Website)

My mistake, did not check AirBuddy. ToothFairy however supports older macOS version so I would assume it should work. https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/comments/dphjo4
Well I cant say for sure, mine should be arriving today so I will test and see, since Im still on Mojave and I would like to stay there until Catalina is truly ready.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
A lot of people complain about issues, but a lot of people think they're smarter than they are. So YMMV. I had no issues at all with any of the Macs I've installed it on.

There are a lot of small things I found that I really like about Catalina, but some of the larger things I like:
  • Podcasts app
  • Updated Notes & Reminders apps are cool!
  • AppleTV+
  • Improved stability when connected to servers (particularly Windows-based servers)
  • Improved speed and stability with Safari
  • Finder integration with iPhone/iPad is slick!

Reactions: joelovesapple

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
@johnscully For the completion, I'm using AirPods Pro with Mojave and ToothFairy without single problem.Mode switching is done via headphones itself. Can't be switched in Mojave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.